Tuesday, January 24, 2017

A Cold Winter Morning


I was very tired this morning after a strange night of interrupted sleep, something that rarely happens to me. 


After a day of snow, sleet, and rain it got cold overnight and the last of the snow stuck to the ground. This morning, as the sun rose through the clouds, painted the sky and spread glitter across the snow, I knew I had to take the dogs for a walk.


At the end of our walk, the sun had not yet broken through the clouds, creating a weak light that reminded me of the special Nordic winter light that I grew up with. Of course I hurried into the house and grabbed the camera.


It took but a minute, but when I came back outside the special light was gone, the sun had escaped the clouds and was shining California bright again. I took the last two pictures, went back inside and back to bed. Where I stayed and read and napped until now.

It was a special morning, one where I did more than I thought I wanted to do. And so glad for it.






LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails