Friday, November 29, 2013

Random Five Friday


Giving Thanks:



1. After seven weeks away, my husband came home a week ago. A very good thing, indeed.

2. While I was alone here, I got a lot of things done. But of course, work is never done, so I am thankful for my health, for being able work around here and take Samson out on our daily walks and hikes. 

3. California's wild fire season officially ended on Wednesday. Last year we had a bad fire that went on for several weeks in the back of the canyon. Walking the dogs, I breathed in a lot of smoke, not thinking about the danger of this, and my lungs were affected. This year, we didn't have any fires close to us and for this I am very grateful. I can breathe so much better now, which is, if you think about it, one of the best things in life. 

4. Samson Dog is a year into remission of his illness, Uveodermatologic Syndrome (UDS, VKH), which made him temporarily blind last fall. Only the fast action of our vet, treating Samson with steroids and eye drops, reversed the blindness. Now he only needs Neo-Poly-Dex eye drops every other day, no more steroids. I am immensely thankful for Samson's healthy year and for our wonderful vet.

5. I didn't post yesterday, Thanksgiving, so let me say it here today: I am thankful for you my blogger friends, and for my friends who do not blog, all of them long-time friends ~ the longest since 1946. And, of course, I am so very thankful for my husband, Samson, and our families, here and in Sweden.


Trees are the earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven.  

~Rabindranath Tagore



Samson Says (to himself): I'd be more thankful if I got a treat every now and then.

































LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails