Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Gopher Madness!


Samson Says:


Spring is here and I'm mad! I think I suffer from an aff, aff, -- what's it called, mommy? An affliction, Samson? Yea, that's it! Gopher Madness!! There are many critters in our yard now that it's springtime. They all get on my nerves, but the gophers are the worst! They tease you until you get crazy!


Here's Soldier going nuts over one. Gophers pop their heads up out of the ground, look at you with beady eyes, show you their long, long teeth (as if that would scare us dogs), then they pop their heads down in the ground again and disappear. 


I'm looking for you and one day I'll get you sneaky things.


One kept teasing and teasing me all day long. I got so mad, so full of madness, I tried to climb the fence to get him.


But he just disappeared down in his hole, popped up again, and back and forth he went.


Until mommy came out and covered up the hole with a big rock. I never saw that gopher again. I hope he perished underground. But mommy says they just dig their way out somewhere else.


Then we have these little critters, called ground squirrels. They get on my nerves too, but not as bad as the madness gophers. But these are in my yard, where they don't belong.


Look, there's a whole family of them, eating off my bushes. 


"You vermin get off of there," I call out in my bark. Momma vermin looks startled, checks me out, and figures I'm behind bars and can't get to her. This makes for a very annoying life.


And here's one in a closeup picture, mommy is so proud she took. She thinks they're cute. 


But I'll keep patrolling and if they come in my yard, they'll have to deal with me. So far this year, my catch is: One mouse, two lizards. And it's only May! LOOK OUT, CRITTERS!


Posted by Samson, the Samoyed Pup.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails