Monday, August 23, 2010

Tuesday's Treasures & Things


I clicked the wrong button, so this got published as a very early Tuesday edition of Treasures & Things!


This is a fruit platter that my parents got as a wedding gift. The set included four platters, like this one, and a very large fruit bowl with the same motif. Because it was so heavy, I didn't bring the bowl with me back to the US after my mom passed away. But I have no regrets about leaving things behind. These used to sit on the wall above our fireplace in my childhood home and looking at them brings back memories. And that's all I need, a few things to remember by. I turned these platters over today and saw that they were hand painted, numbered, signed and produced at the Swedish porcelain factory, Rorstrand.


I have a beautiful photo of my mother as a young woman and I looked for it today, but couldn't find it anywhere. I wanted to post it with these treasures. I really have to start cleaning up my house and getting rid of stuff and locating missing items. The To Do List is growing in my mind!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails